Holla !!!!! :) :) :)
I had the privilege of being in the drama at our church (Forest City Community Church) on Sunday which was all about giving up the things that are "good" but are still pulling us away from the things God has called us to...the works that ARE just ours to do. It was such a great reminder that we can often have our hand in many "good things" but not necessarily the best things for us. A reminder that one day I will stand before my God and account for the life I lived...the works that were just mine to do and did I do those things well or was I so busy being busy that it pulled me away from what I should be doing.
So as we rang in 2013 I made a mental list of the things I still want to do and some things I added (because I feel like that's what God has called me to) and another list of what I need to "let go"
Things I Do List
- follow Christ FIRST
- serve in my church community
- be the best wife, mom and gramma I can be !!!
- grow my Stampin' Up! business and team and relationships
- improve my photography ability
Things I Don't Do (or need to give up) -much harder list to make
- Making sure everyone likes me (oi....I worry way too much of what people think of me)
- Sewing (I'll do a little craft sewing but I've surrendered I will never be a sew-er)
- ULTRA Organized (I need to improve BUT I'll never be Martha Stewart and I'm finally ok with that!)
- There are other things I need to stop doing/give up but I'll discover more of those as the year unfolds :)
It was refreshing to make these lists....not easy....but refreshing! I would STRONGLY encourage to make a "Things I do" & "Things I don't do" list!
So....as part of my to do - improve photography list I've decided I'm going to do a photo a day and post them here on my blog. I'll DEFINITELY keep creating and posting my cards (and videos...yes...you heard me right...videos :) but I'll also include my "photo of the day" Which also means I'll be carrying my camera around a lot more :)
To kick off day 1 of "photo a day" here is picture I took of the ivy growing along our fence....
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you had a wonderful beginning to 2013 and I look forward to walking through the next year with you my friends...
Hug the ones you love....hug them often....
Big hugs to you my sweet friends...